[SoF]SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE

[SoF]SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE

Battlefield & Call of Duty WW2 War Gaming Clan and Gaming News

HomePortalFAQYOUTUBEFACEBOOKRegisterBATTLELOGHOME PAGELog in
Our SoF Clan May Be Rebuilding Late Summer of 2017. Call of Duty WW2 Will Be Released Nov. 2017 and May Include Clan Support. More Intel Soon.
SoF IS IN THE PROCESS OF EVALUATING Call Of Duty WW2, A PS4 Game. Release Date is November 3rd, 2017... We Are Waiting On Intel Of Any Included Clan Support & Supported Private Servers.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
How to fix Battlefield 4
Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:11 pm by RedKnight
Battle(non)sense:  I am really happy to see so much positive feedback for "How to fix Battlefield (4)" This gives me hope for the Battlefield franchise as there are so many people out there who want to see Battlefield return to where its roots are, while creating completely new experiences with #battlefieldbadcompany   and #battlefieldhardline   Now we "only" need to …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 3
Naval Strike... 3rd DLC
Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:16 pm by RedKnight
Naval Strike will feature Titan Mode!!!
LINK

Release Date: Spring 2014. Still Pending

Battlefield 4™ Naval Strike takes the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to four all-new maps set in the South China Sea. Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across the tropical Lost …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
EA CCO On Battlefield Complainers
Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:36 am by RedKnight
So now.... EA CCO is calling it's BF4 customers lairs....  Unbelievable!!

EA CCO On Battlefield Complainers
Yesterday David Veselka
LINK  

Electronic Arts chief creative officer, Rich Hilleman, had some interesting and rather frank words to say about gamers who constantly complain about games like DICE’s Battlefield 4.

Recorded …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
“We Haven’t Seen Any Damage” To The Battlefield Franchise, Says EA CFO
Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:38 pm by RedKnight
“We Haven’t Seen Any Damage” To The Battlefield Franchise, Says EA CFO
by Denny Kovacs
LINK  

EA says the Battlefield franchise hasn’t been damaged, according to CFO Blake Jorgensen, despite it’s problematic launch.

Speaking at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media &, Telecom Conference in San Francisco, Jorgensen …

[ Full reading ]
MARCH BF4 UPDATES & PATCHES
Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:50 am by RedKnight
PS4 Game Update March 4
BY SlyOkapi
2014-03-04 04:10AM , edited 2014-03-04 04:42AM by SlyOkapi
LINK  

We’ve started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 game update on Playstation 4. You may experience some downtime during this rollout, as we are also updating the game servers. As usual, it will take a few hours before the majority of …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 2
Addressing “Netcode” in Battlefield 4
Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:27 pm by RedKnight
Just in From DICE...

Addressing “Netcode” in Battlefield 4
[DICE] SlyOkapi
LINK  

We at DICE are committed to improving the overall Battlefield 4 multiplayer experience for our players. Some issues, commonly referenced in conjunction to “netcode” are preventing Battlefield 4 from performing optimally for everyone, and with this …

[ Full reading ]
Dragon’s Teeth and Final Stand DLC
Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:06 pm by RedKnight
Battlefield 4′s Dragon’s Teeth and Final Stand DLC To Be Developed By DICE LA
Yesterday Denny Kovacs
LINK  

We reported earlier that Battlefield 4′s Naval Strike expansion was confirmed for a late March release, and according to one DICE Stockholm developer, it will also be the studio’s last expansion for Battlefield 4 as DLC …

[ Full reading ]
Introducing Battlefield 4 Platoons on Feb. 27th
Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 pm by RedKnight
Introducing Battlefield 4 Platoons
by DICE
LINK  

Soon, fans of Battlefield 4 will be able to come together as one persistent unit and show the world where they belong. Rolling out starting February 27 as part of the Player Appreciation Month, the first iteration of Platoons is coming to Battlefield 4.

Show the World Where You …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 3
NEW BF4 PLATOONS SYSTEM PAGE
Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:08 pm by RedKnight
NEW [SOF] BF4 PLATOONS SYSTEM PAGE
PAGE LINK:  

EA & DICE have created their New "Platoons" System... and it's being opened today, (2/27/14).

We don't know all the details just yet... of what this new system entails and what it has to offer a Clan like ours.

Here is what we know so far.
Introducing Battlefield 4 Platoons

[ Full reading ]
Latest topics
Most active topics
BF4/PS4 PROBLEMS AND ISSUES HERE
ReBuilding SoF 2017 Intel
BF4 BETA NEWS
BELK/OSEA ALLY
BF4 ON PS3 NEWS FOR NOVEMBER
PS4 NEWS... SEPT/NOV 2013
AIRCRAFT TIP AND TRICKS
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS
Z2pink1stink - Recruitment app. Empty Account
DundeeJK SOF recruit.
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Shark Tank investors kind of ripped apart Oculus Rift accessory Virtuix Omni

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedKnight
Admin

PostSubject: Shark Tank investors kind of ripped apart Oculus Rift accessory Virtuix Omni   Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:21 pm

So.... are the Sharks right? They are not video gamers. The Sharks are investors and business Moguls. Are they Short-sided of the Future.... or can they see a loser product? I can see one of these systems in my game room at the right price... and if it's quality. At least... I can see me buying the Oculus Rift and a motion control gun accessory on day one if it works with the PS4!

Authored by Zarmena Khan
LINK  

This past Saturday, venture capital investors on the panel of reality TV show, Shark Tank, were not that impressed by the Oculus Rift accessory Virtuix Omni. The panel consisted of Mark Cuban and Daymond John among others.

As you can see in the video, the investors were a little harsh in addressing an idea that got a pretty good backing on Kickstarter, but they have a point. The guys at Virtuix were seeking $2 million in exchange for a 10% stake in the company, but they didn’t have the right answers to some legitimate questions.

The Omni alone is an expensive treadmill without the Oculus Rift (which is a requirement) and the gun peripheral. It’s also pretty massive and you have to wear special shoes to hop on. While the panel at Shark Tank thought it was a cool idea, they pointed out quite a lot of flaws with the concept as well as the business model. Check out the video above to understand their argument.

SOME COMMENTS

2-Bit Arcade
1 day ago

Fools. If I had 2mil I'd buy in. VR is the future of entertainment, not just video games. Not every game is running and gunning and not every VR Experience is full of action. I'd be willing to bet most VR "games" would be about exploring environments both real and fantasy and interacting with characters both real and artificial.
·

danmobile
20 hours ago

+huldu Clearly you have not tried the Oculus rift.
·
danmobile
19 hours ago

+huldu But I agree this device is not the future / and will flop. Oculus rift however is the future (this concept), it's immediately clear why when you slap it on your head for the first time. It's much evolved since the 90s @ a price point that will make sense. The next 12 months will be massive for VR.
·

Rebel DeW
21 hours ago

Reality Show Investors Rip Oculus Accessory, but They Have a Point
When we first saw it used in games like Minecraft and Team Fortress 2, the reaction was, more or less, "Cool!" And it is cool, to go running around in Skyrim on the Virtuix Omni. Unfortunately, it's got to be a lot more than cool to get even $2 million in investor money.

This is Saturday's edition of "The Shark Tank," which as a concept—reality show meets venture capital investors—sounds a lot less cool than an omnidirectional treadmill. The panel, which includes Mark Cuban (the Dallas Mavericks of the NBA), Daymond John (FUBU) and others, has some snide things to say about gamers' lifestyles as Robert Herjavec flails around on the Virtuix's low-friction pad.

Continue Reading Here:
http://kotaku.com/reality-show-investors-rip-oculus-accessory-but-they-h-1479625996

Logain Ablar
1 day ago

I totally understand the perspective of the Shark Tank panel. Every single point made is legit and I wouldn't invest in the Omni either. It's a oversized, overpriced peripheral, catering to a niche market that asks too many gamers to be psychically active beyond their ability. Asking investors to invest tomorrow's estimated value, today, is a risk that many savvy investors wouldn't take and rightfully so. The idea is a good one, but the execution isn't there yet. Maybe in version 3.0.
·

Aleks G
13 hours ago

To an extent I agree. However, I'm not so sure that VR will remain the niche market many thinks it will (i'm rather optimistic Wink). I agree that the execution "isn't there yet", but currently it's the only product (except Virtualizer) that allows for immersive VR movement -- and although I haven't tried the Omni, I believe they've got a great product. I think other companies would have to work hard to get to where they are now (if they wanted to make a copy/rival product). As a Rift-owner, I KNOW that once you get the Oculus Rift, you'll want positional body tracking, and the Omni.

·
John Doe
1 day ago

Gamers have and will spend up to $600 for a limited edition console bundle from a console that they already own. They are willing to spend up to $150 for a video game bundle as well. I really do believe that gamers know the potential that this product has and as such this device would have definitely sold at $500. Anyone else agree?

Semper Fidelis; Always Faithful
Honor... Courage... Commitment!

RedKnightsoh5
Soldiers Of Fortune[SoF]
HOME PAGE:  http://sofbf4.wix.com/home
http://www.sof-bf4.net/
E-mail:  jrwhorse@aol.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.sof-bf4.net
RedKnight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shark Tank investors kind of ripped apart Oculus Rift accessory Virtuix Omni   Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

I think eventually.... Crystal Cove(Oculus Rift) will be forced to bring a Oculus Rift to the PS4 and xBox One market place to bring in the most profit possible to get back the investment on the development of the Rift. Over the next few years, the PS4 and xBone market will be huge.  Only SONY & Microsoft could make the Rift not work on their consoles... to bring their own VR headsets to market.  That is likely.

I'm sure there are other platforms (U.S. Military for one) that could be looking at the Rift for training of soldiers in the field.  But limiting their market area to PCs and Smart Phones only... they will soon find the Rift will become a niche market device that the common user or gamer will pass by... and instead buy a large high end HDTV for the family and their gaming in the living room for all to enjoy.

I would buy a Rift for my PS4.  I'm sure xBone users would invest $300 into a Rift also.  But there isn't enough PC or Phone users that would jump on a Rift to make the Rift successful.  IMO.

Sat, Jan 11, 2014 | 20:59 GMT
Oculus Rift ‘Crystal Cove’ prototype designed as “a seated experience,” says founder

Oculus VR showcased the latest version of its Rift headset, dubbed Crystal Cove, at CES 2014 in Las Vegas last week.

According to a Q&A with Reddit Games featuring Oculus VR founder Palmer Luckey and vice president of products Nate Mitchell (via Q&A in the video below.

Semper Fidelis; Always Faithful
Honor... Courage... Commitment!

RedKnightsoh5
Soldiers Of Fortune[SoF]
HOME PAGE:  http://sofbf4.wix.com/home
http://www.sof-bf4.net/
E-mail:  jrwhorse@aol.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.sof-bf4.net

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1