[SoF] SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Warfare 2021 War Clan & Gaming News

HomePortalLatest imagesYOUTUBEFACEBOOKRegisterPS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 11011120324_4629033ef2_tLog in
[SoF] RECRUITMENT APPLICATION TO JOIN PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o
The New Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019, Will Release on 10/25/2019. CoD MW 2019 Contains Clan Support That Clans Need. We Will Build This Clan On CoD Modern Warfare 2019. Follow Intel Here: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o
Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 42 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 226 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:02 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
No user
Multiplayer Gameplay Premiere August 1, 2019
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 7:50 am by RedKnight
As of 8/29/2019, Most of my current SoF Clan news for CoD Modern Warfare 2019 can be found on a friends SOCOMFANS website. New updates to be added here as needed.

Get a free account and check the link here
:  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
This Could Be Huge!
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyThu May 31, 2018 10:16 am by RedKnight
This could be great news for Modern Warfare Gamers on the PS4/5 and xBox1.

While we wait for H-Hour... if it ever gets here... and with the new WW2 Battlefield V coming this Fall and with BF1 and CoD WW2 out now... both crap games in my opinion... at least we have some hope for a great new War Shooter.  If MW4 includes any Clan Support with Custom User Private Servers... MW4 will be pure GOLD!

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Call of Duty: WWII review—The less things change…
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 11:12 am by RedKnight
Call of Duty: WWII review—The less things change…
Stripping out years of feature creep, but doesn't have anything to replace it.

Steven Strom - 11/8/2017, 2:00 PM

Call of Duty: WWII certainly has some interesting timing. It has the dubious duty of returning the landmark first-person series to its titular roots at a time when any game centered on fascism, nationalism, and especially Nazism …

[ Full reading ]
CoD WW2 Fails At Multiplayer Game Play and more...
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am by RedKnight
Sadly, this last attempt to gain my multiplayer favor pushed me away even more and I probably won’t touch the CoD series ever again...
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o
By Kyle Durant
Posted on 6th November 2017

I can already hear the fanboys crying out in unison and know this is going to be an unpopular opinion. Before you feed into your own anger, know that my …

[ Full reading ]
Loot box brouhaha
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 am by RedKnight
Loot box brouhaha: Are video games becoming too much like gambling?

Critics question whether acquiring in-game items in blind boxes constitutes gambling

Both Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Call of Duty WW2 are also part of the Loot Box and Pay-to-Win action.

[ Full reading ]
HEADQUARTERS... Designed by an 8 Year Old
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 am by RedKnight
Sledgehammer Games employs 8 year olds to design it's games... or something.

New Call of Duty: WWII’s Headquarters mode features revealed

Call of Duty: WWII's Headquarters option is taking several social cues from World of Warcraft.
By Nick Plessas | 06/23/2017
LINK PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
Disappointing limitation for War mode
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am by RedKnight
This news from E3 is not good... but it might get better before game launch. If this doesn't get better (6 vs 6 for Clans?)... CoD WW2 won't be workable for larger online War Clans like us.  Time will tell.

Call of Duty: WWII reveals a disappointing limitation for War mode

If you were expecting big-team battles, you might be a little disappointed.

By Michael Goroff | 06/13/2017 11:25 AM PT | …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 2
Multiplayer Will Feature Hub Worlds With 40+ Plus Players
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 am by RedKnight
Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Will Feature Hub Worlds With 40 Plus Players, Possibly 48 Player Game Modes?
by  April 26, 2017, James Lara
LINK:  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

This looks to be good news for Clan Support.  More big news in June!

With the reveal of WW2 now official, Sledgehammer games have also given us a small glimpse at the multiplayer, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 2
Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Details Revealed
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 11:47 am by RedKnight
Call of Duty: WW2 Official Website
LINK:  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

Maybe good news for old SoF and maybe CTU members about the new Call of Duty: WWII with possible Clan Support.

Just found this.  Call of Duty: WWII has a potential of real CLAN SUPPORT. See below...

If Call of Duty: WWII has Clan Support, possible Private Servers for Clan Wars, a social …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare GAMEPLAY - IS IT GOOD?
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:39 am by RedKnight
Battlefield 1 looks like a BF4 remake.  I have lots of issues at present.  Maybe after BF1 is out for a few weeks... I could change my mind.  But I have to find at a new game for SoF that has good Clan Support and good Clan controllable Private Servers.  And EA/DICE seems to have left that world behind after BF3.  So... we'll see.

Cod Infinite Warfare has been taking a beating on …

[ Full reading ]
Latest topics
» Test of text
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 7:19 pm by RedKnight

» what up everyone
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 am by CaptainHansolo

» Lingering Questions on MW2019
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 10:16 am by RedKnight

» Modern Warfare 2019 Release
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 5:59 pm by RedKnight

» Multiplayer Gameplay Premiere August 1, 2019
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 9:11 am by RedKnight

» Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Looks Incredible
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 8:38 am by RedKnight

» BFV... This Kinda Says It All....
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 am by RedKnight

» Rise and Fall of Socom
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 am by RedKnight

» This Could Be Huge!
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyThu May 31, 2018 10:16 am by RedKnight

Most active topics
BF4/PS4 PROBLEMS AND ISSUES HERE
BF4 BETA NEWS
BELK/OSEA ALLY
AIRCRAFT TIP AND TRICKS
BF4 ON PS3 NEWS FOR NOVEMBER
PS4 NEWS... SEPT/NOV 2013
DundeeJK SOF recruit.
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS
RED'S TIPS OF THE WEEK.....
Z2pink1stink - Recruitment app. Empty Account
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedKnight
Admin
RedKnight

PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS Empty
PostSubject: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 am

PS4 system update 1.60 coming TODAY
Posted by: Matt Liebl
LINK  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

Update: PlayStation 4 owners in the United States can expect the system update to be available for download beginning later tonight. It brings support for the PULSE and PULSE – Elite Edition wireless stereo headsets to PS4.

Similarly, a new Gold Wireless Headset has been revelaed and will launch early this month.

Original:

Sony has announced that a new update (version 1.60) for the PlayStation 4 will arrive tomorrow, bringing compatibility support to PS4 for the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset and the original Wireless Stereo Headset.

PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS Article_post_width_PS4_wireless_headset

"This means that you will now be able to use these wireless headsets on your PS4 and can experience 7.1 virtual surround sound and voice chat while playing your PS4 games," SCEE's James Olivier explained.

Sony will also expand upon the PS4's supported headsets with the revealing of a new headset, the Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0. Available February 10,2 014 at £79.99/€89.99 SRP, the new headset features 7.1 virtual surround sound and a noise-cancelling internal microphone. The headset can be used at home using the USB wireless adaptor with your PS4, PS3, PC, or Mac for up to 8 hours (with a rechargeable battery). You can also use the headset with your PS Vita or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm stero mini jack.

The update has so far only been announced by the EU branch of PlayStation, though I assume the update will be announced shortly for the U.S.
Back to top Go down
http://sof-bf4.forumotion.com
dfearnow
SoF Committee
SoF Committee
dfearnow

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:31 pm

I have the Sony wireless head set that came out before the Pulse. Is that going to work?
Back to top Go down
RedKnight
Admin
RedKnight

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 2:48 pm

I think we both have the old Wireless headsets from 2011, that came out at $99.  I got mine for $50 on sale from Sony the first day they came out.

From what the article says: "Sony has announced that a new update (version 1.60) for the PlayStation 4 will arrive tomorrow, bringing compatibility support to PS4 for the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset and the original Wireless Stereo Headset."

That was this Sony Headset:  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS PSNYNA-PS398085_main_v500

So we should be good now!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm

I am looking into the pulse so this is good news
Back to top Go down
Boostedmk6

Boostedmk6

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 3:40 pm

I fucked up my other ps3 wireless headset lol but I'm happy with what I have now till extra cash comes my way lol
Back to top Go down
RedKnight
Admin
RedKnight

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 pm

OK.... I tried my original 2011 SONY Wireless Headphones that are now suppose to work with the PS4 and the new 1.6 firmware patch. All I get is game audio sounds... no CHAT function.

I've selected and checked all the settings in the PS4's settings audio area and it's correct. I've checked BF4 audio settings and it's correct. I see the Headphone icons on the PS4's screen for the battery and chat on or muted... so the PS4 sees the headphones. I hit the mute... and the Mute Icon works. I hit it again and it shows the Chat mic is on.

I tried everything and couldn't get the CHAT to work in BF4... only game sounds. The phones still work correctly on my PS3. I had to plug in my cheap $29 Turtle Beach wired phones into the PS4 Hand Controller to get the CHAT back with game sounds.

I don't know what the Hell is going on. I've posted a thread on the SONY Support Forums and in the General Forums for help. I know we have one or 2 members using these headphones. Are they working correctly wirelessly with CHAT for you? What did you do?

These are the SONY headphones I use: http://store.sony.com/ps3-wireless-stereo-headset-zid27-PS398085/cat-27-catid-EOL-PlayStation-Accessories

SONY's press releases state that all of their wireless headphones... including my original PS3 Wireless phones are working again. But not CHAT on mine.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
RedKnight
Admin
RedKnight

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 11:32 am

Sony GOLD Wireless Headset ***WARNING***

After trying 2 New GOLD Wireless Headsets... neither  worked correctly!!

This conversation started here:
New PS4 GOLD Wireless Headset Only Half Works!!!: http://bit.ly/1cZB7bR

MY FIRST NEW GOLD WIRELESS HEADSET

1.  The First GOLD headset did NOT work wirelessly correctly.  The headset only worked once with Voice Navigation... then not after that.  Mic Wireless chat didn't work in Battllefield 4.  The mic was non-functional in Wireless mode for use in game with chat.

2.  After testing the GOLD's Wireless Mode... the mic only picked up my voice when I loudly yelled or screamed, in the SONY Menus or in game chat.  And still my BF4 team mates said they could barely hear me.  The headset's mic did not work in a SONY Private Party Chat.  No on could hear my voice.

3.  This 1st GOLD headset mic ONLY worked when the headset was HARD WIRED into the Hand Controller.  But Voice Navigation still didn't work consistently.  In the BF4 game,  the BF4 mic indication voice icon now showed it was working correctly.  Again, this was only using the WIRE to the Hand Controller.

4.  When the GOLD was WIRED to the Hand Controller... ALL THE CONTROL BUTTONS on the GOLD's headset became Non-functional.  Could not adjust anything on the Gold headset in game, or in the SONY main menus.  Voice, Chat, all Game Sounds, Mute and Surround Sound was on default and could not be adjusted or changed.  No headset audio control at all.

5.  I called SONY Support and 2 support techs, over almost 2 hours, could not help me get the GOLD's headset mic to function correctly.  They had me do everything they could think of.  They then suggested I take the Gold Headset back to Gamestop as defective for exchange.

MY SECOND NEW GOLD WIRELESS HEADSET from Gamestop

1.  My Gamestop Manager mention almost half of the GOLD headsets they've sold are being returned for the same problems I experienced.

2.  I set up the 2nd Gold Headset, as per it's limited headset instructions for the PS4 and the Headset for wireless use.  This New Gold Headset was even LESS FUNCTIONAL than the 1st Gold Headset!

3.  On WIRELESS operation:  Mic and Voice Navigation did not work.  All PS4 audio settings were correct.  There is no way in the PS4 audio settings to check the mic and see if it's output is working correctly.  My voice was not coming through the headsets ear phones for me to hear.  I Re-checked all audio settings again.

4.  Again, in the BF4 game on WIRELESS headset operation... the mic did NOT function.  I could only get the voice mic game's icon to indicate my voice was being picked up, by Screaming, or slapping the left side of the Gold's headset.

5.  I then PLUGGED IN THE Gold's Headset WIRE into the Hand Controller which turns off the headset's WIRELESS operation... and the BF4 game's voice icon was now indicating it could hear my voice.

6.  While the GOLD headset was WIRED to the Hand Controller... ALL the Gold's headset control buttons became Non-functional.  I could NOT adjust anything for the operation of the headset while WIRED.  ALL sounds were on default and so loud in the ear phones I could not hear chat sounds from other gamers.  BF4's audio control settings are very limited.  PS4's audio settings are also very limited.  I was now stuck with a new headset I had NO control over when WIRED.

At this point: I CAN NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE BUYING THE SONY GOLD WIRELESS HEADSET UNTIL SONY FIXES THESE BROKEN GOLD HEADSET ISSUES WITH THE PS4 AND IN GAMES.

Pros:  $99 U.S.

Cons:  ALL THE ABOVE FINDINGS I GAVE YOU ON BOTH HEADSETS.  This new Sony GOLD Headset was a HUGE disappointment!!  I bought the GOLD headset for WIRELESS operation on the PS4 and in games.  Having to WIRE the Gold headset to the Hand Controller to work and hear the mic... is unacceptable for wireless operation.

I don't know if the Sony Pulse Headsets are working correctly or not.

*** WARNING ***, If you buy the new GOLD headset... test it and make sure you can return the headset if it does not work.

PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS PS4-headset

This 2nd Gold Headset will be returned today to Gamestop for a new Turtle Beach PX4 for $150 U.S.

Last edited by RedKnight on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedKnight
Admin
RedKnight

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 pm

NOTE:  The SONY PS4 firmware update 1.6, was to fix the Sony Branded Wireless Headsets issues with the PS4 and make them work.

Apparently... it did not.  You still need to use a WIRE connected from the Sony Headsets to the Hand Controller for the Chat function to work.  And this turns off the Headset's audio controls.

Nothing in this SONY BLOG states the new Gold Headset must use the supplied headset WIRE and you must connect the new headset to the PS4 Hand Controller for Chat functions to work!!  WOW!!  NO WIRELESS CHAT AVAILABLE.   Sony Blog 2/3/2014:  http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/03/ps4-system-update-1-60-official-headset-support-gold-wireless-headset-out-soon/

a Blog Reader's Comment: SaintAnger812 on February 11th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said: "ya know what would be really nice……..add freakin blue tooth support so those of us that have already spent our money on headsets (in my case turtle beach px5′s) specifically to have absolute wireless game and chat, can enjoy playing on a console without having a **bleep** wire running between the headset and controller ! Not to mention the crapy voice and sound control. If I wanted wires I would have saved my money and bought a wired headset. Or an xbox one instead of a playstation4. thanks for screwing us sony, what did you say, its the way the developers wanted it ? I thought it was about what the customer wanted, my bad."

From a Turtle Beach PS4's review when the PS4 was released... It stated:  "For a PS4, it's important to know that the headset is not 100% wireless as you will need to plug the 2.5 to 3.5 mm mobile adapter cable to your controller. Until Sony creates a patch, this is the only way to go for now, so it's not 100% wireless."   Review:  http://www.amazon.com/review/RV8FVXVWTEAX/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00EI4V3X2&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

So it seems the Sony Wireless Headsets, still are not totally compatible with the PS4 for Wireless chat functions. After the 1.6 firmware update... my old Original Sony Wireless headset for the PS3, didn't work as advertised either.  Of course this old headset can not be wired to the PS4 Hand Controller.

I'm VERY CONCERNED the two SONY Tech Support agents did not know or suggest to tell me the new Gold Headset must be plugged into the Hand Controller for voice chat to work.  My first Gold Headset work Wirelessly several times for the PS4's Voice Navigation without a wire.  Then stopped working.

The Sony GOLD Headset set up instructions didn't mention the Headset must be plugged into the Hand Controller for all Chat functions to work correctly.

I'm still research this.
Back to top Go down
RedKnight
Admin
RedKnight

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:17 am

My SONY Support GOLD Headset thread continues to be on FIRE on the SONY PS Forums.  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

But don't look for any TOTALLY WIRELESS HEADSET for the PS4, until at least the FALL of 2014!  Look for a headset... maybe like the Turtle Beach's, that have a deal with SONY, to make their PX4, PX5 and other new TB headsets totally wireless compatible with a PS4 firmware patch in the near future.  But for now... don't throw out those WIRES!!!!

Turtle Beach signs PS4 official headset deal:  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o
_________

Will my expensive gaming headset work on PS4/Xbox One?
We try and find out.
By Robert Purchese Published Wednesday, 13 November 2013
LINK  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

Gaming headsets don't come cheap. They can cost hundreds of pounds. It's understandable, then, that there was concern when we heard that some existing headsets wouldn't fully work with PS4 and Xbox One.

I canvassed the major manufacturers - Turtle Beach, SteelSeries, Astro and Razer - as well as the platform holders, to find out what was going on.

The good news is that it sounds like all headsets will play audio straight away, and eventually their microphones will work as well. In the meantime, both consoles come bundled with headsets and/or cameras that have microphones you can use for chat instead.

The obstacle on Xbox One is the new proprietary headset port on the controller, which is different to the one on Xbox 360. Microsoft is working on an adaptor to enable headsets with the old connection-type to plug in, but it won't be released until early 2014.

"Legacy headsets will not be compatible with Xbox One at launch," a Microsoft spokesperson said. "The Wireless Controller has been redesigned to allow for higher data transfer speed between the controller and the console. This also required creating a new expansion port design for headsets and future controller add-on devices which is different from a standard audio plug input.

"Xbox plans to develop solutions in the near future to allow consumers to connect many brands of wired gaming headsets to the Wireless Controller for gaming and chat audio."

Again, headsets you currently use for Xbox 360 should receive Xbox One audio just fine. That's what SteelSeries, Razer and Astro all told me.

Turtle Beach's Microsoft-licensed XO Four and XO Seven headsets will be compatible with Xbox One "out of the box", but were delayed along with the Xbox One chat adaptor to Q1 2014. "We will work closely with Microsoft in 2014 to continue to advance next-gen audio and may explore alternatives," Turtle Beach added.

On PlayStation 4, a launch day firmware update - version 1.5 - should see most USB headsets used on PS3 up and running just fine.

"All our USB headsets should receive both game and chat audio once Sony pushes an update to the PS4, which it says will be available on day one," Turtle Beach said. SteelSeries' director of audio, Dan Radin, nodded: "This is the situation for all USB headsets, not only SteelSeries'."

He then teased: "We're going to be introducing something very exciting, very soon - especially for console players - that will enable cable-less PS4 chat once Sony issues its USB headset update."

Turtle Beach headsets that use an optical connection will receive audio but "not all" can be used for chat. But Astro has stated that its optical headsets like the A50 will be "fully compatible" with PS4 following the 1.5 update.

The PS4's DualShock 4 controller does now have a standard 3.5mm headset port that can be plugged into to enable voice chat, and it can even push through game audio as well.

What's most bizarre about PlayStation 4 is that it won't support chat from existing Bluetooth headsets. At all.

"Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system," stated Sony in its large PS4 FAQ.

"Just Bluetooth chat won't work," clarified Turtle Beach. "Our wireless headsets have a mobile adapter cable that can be used for chat, even though Bluetooth will be disabled. Most headsets will be able to receive game audio."

What makes it bizarre is that there are Bluetooth headsets being made for PS4 that will support audio and chat, as confirmed in the PS4 FAQ.

So what's the problem - Bluetooth incompatibility? No, said a spokesperson from Bluetooth itself: "The two standards, 2.0 and 2.1 are not incompatible. In fact, all Bluetooth updates are backwards compatible with each other." It's different for the new, low-power Bluetooth 4.0, but we're not talking about that.

PlayStation 4 also supports PS3 Move controllers, which use Bluetooth 2.0 to connect. So why don't existing Bluetooth headsets work? "This could be as simple as they don't have the Bluetooth profiles on the box at launch, and that Sony will update at a later date," answered the Bluetooth spokesperson.

I asked Turtle Beach the same question. "That is a business decision made by Sony, and questions regarding that decision should be directed to Sony," was the answer I got.

I tried directing the questions to Sony but after multiple attempts still had no answers. Consider the time of year for Sony, however, and you can understand it has a lot on its plate.

In other words, sit tight: your expensive headset should carry over onto the new generation of consoles, eventually, just fine.
Back to top Go down
RedKnight
Admin
RedKnight

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 pm

GOOD NEWS FROM TURTLE BEACH TO IT'S CUSTOMERS.... since I'm now a Turtle Beach PX4 proud owner!!  PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 8515066067_f55c283230_o

PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS 610627_banner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS   PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1