[SoF]SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE

[SoF]SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE

Battlefield & Call of Duty WW2 War Gaming Clan and Gaming News

HomePortalFAQYOUTUBEFACEBOOKRegisterBATTLELOGHOME PAGELog in
Our SoF Clan May Be Rebuilding Late Summer of 2017. Call of Duty WW2 Will Be Released Nov. 2017 and May Include Clan Support. More Intel Soon.
SoF IS IN THE PROCESS OF EVALUATING Call Of Duty WW2, A PS4 Game. Release Date is November 3rd, 2017... We Are Waiting On Intel Of Any Included Clan Support & Supported Private Servers.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
How to fix Battlefield 4
Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:11 pm by RedKnight
Battle(non)sense:  I am really happy to see so much positive feedback for "How to fix Battlefield (4)" This gives me hope for the Battlefield franchise as there are so many people out there who want to see Battlefield return to where its roots are, while creating completely new experiences with #battlefieldbadcompany   and #battlefieldhardline   Now we "only" need to …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 3
Naval Strike... 3rd DLC
Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:16 pm by RedKnight
Naval Strike will feature Titan Mode!!!
LINK

Release Date: Spring 2014. Still Pending

Battlefield 4™ Naval Strike takes the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to four all-new maps set in the South China Sea. Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across the tropical Lost …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
EA CCO On Battlefield Complainers
Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:36 am by RedKnight
So now.... EA CCO is calling it's BF4 customers lairs....  Unbelievable!!

EA CCO On Battlefield Complainers
Yesterday David Veselka
LINK  

Electronic Arts chief creative officer, Rich Hilleman, had some interesting and rather frank words to say about gamers who constantly complain about games like DICE’s Battlefield 4.

Recorded …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
“We Haven’t Seen Any Damage” To The Battlefield Franchise, Says EA CFO
Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:38 pm by RedKnight
“We Haven’t Seen Any Damage” To The Battlefield Franchise, Says EA CFO
by Denny Kovacs
LINK  

EA says the Battlefield franchise hasn’t been damaged, according to CFO Blake Jorgensen, despite it’s problematic launch.

Speaking at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media &, Telecom Conference in San Francisco, Jorgensen …

[ Full reading ]
MARCH BF4 UPDATES & PATCHES
Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:50 am by RedKnight
PS4 Game Update March 4
BY SlyOkapi
2014-03-04 04:10AM , edited 2014-03-04 04:42AM by SlyOkapi
LINK  

We’ve started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 game update on Playstation 4. You may experience some downtime during this rollout, as we are also updating the game servers. As usual, it will take a few hours before the majority of …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 2
Addressing “Netcode” in Battlefield 4
Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:27 pm by RedKnight
Just in From DICE...

Addressing “Netcode” in Battlefield 4
[DICE] SlyOkapi
LINK  

We at DICE are committed to improving the overall Battlefield 4 multiplayer experience for our players. Some issues, commonly referenced in conjunction to “netcode” are preventing Battlefield 4 from performing optimally for everyone, and with this …

[ Full reading ]
Dragon’s Teeth and Final Stand DLC
Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:06 pm by RedKnight
Battlefield 4′s Dragon’s Teeth and Final Stand DLC To Be Developed By DICE LA
Yesterday Denny Kovacs
LINK  

We reported earlier that Battlefield 4′s Naval Strike expansion was confirmed for a late March release, and according to one DICE Stockholm developer, it will also be the studio’s last expansion for Battlefield 4 as DLC …

[ Full reading ]
Introducing Battlefield 4 Platoons on Feb. 27th
Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 pm by RedKnight
Introducing Battlefield 4 Platoons
by DICE
LINK  

Soon, fans of Battlefield 4 will be able to come together as one persistent unit and show the world where they belong. Rolling out starting February 27 as part of the Player Appreciation Month, the first iteration of Platoons is coming to Battlefield 4.

Show the World Where You …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 3
NEW BF4 PLATOONS SYSTEM PAGE
Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:08 pm by RedKnight
NEW [SOF] BF4 PLATOONS SYSTEM PAGE
PAGE LINK:  

EA & DICE have created their New "Platoons" System... and it's being opened today, (2/27/14).

We don't know all the details just yet... of what this new system entails and what it has to offer a Clan like ours.

Here is what we know so far.
Introducing Battlefield 4 Platoons

[ Full reading ]
Latest topics
Most active topics
BF4/PS4 PROBLEMS AND ISSUES HERE
ReBuilding SoF 2017 Intel
BF4 BETA NEWS
BELK/OSEA ALLY
BF4 ON PS3 NEWS FOR NOVEMBER
PS4 NEWS... SEPT/NOV 2013
AIRCRAFT TIP AND TRICKS
PS4 UPDATE 1.6 AND SONY'S HEADSETS
Z2pink1stink - Recruitment app. Empty Account
DundeeJK SOF recruit.
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Lets Slow Down and Give Them Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedKnight
Admin

PostSubject: Lets Slow Down and Give Them Time   Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Well.... lets take a look at where we are, as BF4 gamers today.

Many of us bought a PS4 just to play this game.... as I did.  Right now... BF4 is the only game I own for the PS4.  And lets be honest... the PS4 itself, is about half baked and SONY still needs to finish it's console problems also.

We stay current on all gaming news and reports each day for our members.  The news on EA, DICE AND BF4 today.... is not good. I've posted the most important news in the last several days.

I don't see EA or DICE as the DEVILS Incarnate.  Each company makes business decisions and answers to their investors, stock holders and customers.  Be sure... the investors and stock holders are aware of what's going on with these companies on Wall Street.  You can see EA and DICE, are taking actions to right the ship, before it hits the rocks.  But all companies make mistakes.

We all remember the situation with BF3 back at it's release in 2011... and it took about 5 months to right that ship and give us something to play and enjoy.  I believe the time our Clans put in waiting for a playable BF3 game with Private Servers... was worth it in the end. BF3 still isn't perfect today... but it's enjoyable still to play.

Now we have reached the launch of BF4...  a Major Launch Title for the PS4, along with a select few others.  Making games like this costs millions of dollars and thousands of man hours to complete. Sometimes game publishers and developers race against time to be ready for new Next-Gen game consoles.  And be sure... SONY also pressures these companies to be ready.

The gaming industry is much larger and more profitable then the U.S. Movie industry and coding new games is time consuming, complicated and costly.  Mistakes in coding and marketing will always be made.  Updates and patches must follow.  Sometimes a new game has more serious problems than others... for whatever reasons.  Should the new game's release be held until it's finished and working correctly?  Probably so.  But if BF4 stayed in beta for more development without millions of gamers hard testing the game in real life... a game like BF4 would take several more years to be released... and still have patches to fix little problems.

BF4 is most likely one of the most ambitious multiplayer games ever made.  Think about all the parts and platforms BF4 runs on.  imagine having multi-teams of game coders, in several studios around the world, trying to bring all these parts together and make the game work correctly as advertised.  I don't want to be responsible for that project!

BF4 has it's roots in the PS3, PS4, xBox360, xBox One, PC, iOS and other mobile devices.  Battlelog is integrated throughout it all.  Maybe.... DICE and EA bit off more than they could chew in the time they expected BF4 to be finished and released.  Some reports indicate that BF4 has been in development for 2 or more years.  Maybe that wasn't long enough.  Maybe games this complicated should NOT try to have a new release each year or two.  Maybe BF4 should be looking at a 4 or 5 year playable life span... and keep the DLC, patches and updates coming in and make the game almost perfect as soon as possible.  Instead of facing a BF5 release in 24 months or less.

I would be willing to stick with BF4 for 4 or more years as long as new content and fixes keeps it fresh and playable.  A mature BF4 game, in 3 or 4 years over time, could be a killer online multiplayer game, with Team and Clan Support build in,  that no other game developer could match. But a game like BF4 or a BF5, must be build with that concept in mind from the start and not rushed out the door to beat COD to the Gamestop shelves for the Holidays.

I believe EA and DICE see the problems they have with BF4 on all the platforms and consoles it plays on... and are taking seriously our concerns and findings with BF4.  I'm sure.... DICE and EA are as disappointed as we are.  No game company plans to have so many issues with such an ambitious new product... and still expect it to be a success in the gaming world just to watch it go down the tubes.

BF4 was a daunting goal to make... but it's out in the hands of the consumers now... and EA and DICE are working to get it right.  But this will take time, like it did with their far less ambitious BF3 project.  I see "BF3" as a Ford Taurus compared next to a "BF4" Dodge 2014 SRT Viper!

As an older online war gamer, out of the SOCOM generation... I have great hopes for a magnificent BF4 and it's future.  I hope that doesn't take a year to get it right.  I'm willing to wait and give DICE and EA, more time to complete the job they started with BF4.  If they can make it right... and bring all the parts they advertised together and make it work... BF4 could be the only game I'll be playing on the PS4.

Give them time they are asking for.  Be patient and lets help these companies give us the game we need and want.

Semper Fidelis; Always Faithful
Honor... Courage... Commitment!

RedKnightsoh5
Soldiers Of Fortune[SoF]
HOME PAGE:  http://sofbf4.wix.com/home
http://www.sof-bf4.net/
E-mail:  jrwhorse@aol.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.sof-bf4.net

Lets Slow Down and Give Them Time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1